Today visit 1, Total visited 1190 times
Rishikesh, the religious capital of India has numerous people visiting it every day. However, for the pilgrimage tourists, the trip to Rishikesh would be incomplete without a visit to Triveni Ghat. When in Rishikesh you can easily reach Triveni Ghat, as it is only a 5 minute walk from our hotel. Triveni Ghat is the holy point where the three sacred rivers � the Ganga, the Saraswathi and the Yamuna merge. It is one of the most popular destinations in Rishikesh.Many devotees from all over make it a point to bathe in the Triveni Ghat to cleanse their sins. It is a common belief that a dip in this Ghat will purify your body and mind and give you eternal salvation. At Triveni Ghat, many devotees make their offerings. You will find people pouring milk in to the river, chanting prayers at sunrise. Some of the devotees also feed fish that are in the Ghat.
To experience Triveni Ghat, make sure you are present during sunrise and sunset. At sunset, you will find an array of lamps that devotees float on the water. The calming effect the light of the lamps have is unparalleled. The entire experience is sure to make you feel the presence of the gods and goddesses at Rishikesh. Triveni Ghat, unlike some other religious locales which close down due to weather restrictions, is open all days of the week, throughout the year.
Rishikesh�is a small town in the northern state of�Uttarakhand�in India. Scenically located where the Ganges River comes down from the Himalayas, Rishikesh catapulted to Western fame when the Beatles dropped by for a visit to Maharishi Mahesh Yogi’s ashram (now closed), and the town is still known as the�World Capital of Yoga. The original Rishikesh lies in Ruru- Palpa district of Nepal. Still people call it Ruru Rishikesh. There was a time (because of dense forest, malariya, plague) when Indians could not visit Ruru Rishikesh (the birth place of Lord Krishna)they made a duplicate Rishikesh in Uttarakhanda.Puspkunj is situated in Rishikesh which is residence of famous writer and poet Dr Harish Yadav .
Rishikesh is also the Gateway to the Himalayas. The Char Dham Yatra (Four Shrines Sacred Journey) ideally begins from Rishikesh.
- Triveni Ghat,�.�This is a bathing ghat. Daily in the morning and evening there are thousands who take bath here and enjoy the Maha Aarti being performed. It is very soothing to sit on the banks of the river and enjoy the cool breeze from the river.��edit
- Bharat Mandir�
- Lakshman Jhula�
- Gita Bhavan.�Place of Guru Shri Ram Sukh Daasji, (the great thinker of his time) Popular among the Hindu Brahmin Community. Twice a year people gather at this ashram to read the Ramayana together.��edit
- Swarg Ashram,�Shri 108 Baba kali Kamli Wale Swami Atam Prakash Ji.�Swargashram ( Heavenly Abode) as the name connotes is a beautiful place situated in picturesque surroundings at the foot of Himalayas on the left bank of the Ganges between Rishikesh and Laxmanjhula. It is the spiritual �ground zero� of Rishikesh, filled with a concentration of ashrams and temples. The areas is known for its healthy and satwik living environment. It is this spot where from ages of yore the famous Yogis and Rishis have been doing the Tapasya. Numerous mention of this spot occurs in the holy scripture Puranas �
- Parmarth Niketan.�One of the few Ashrams left in India where Kids get the Vedas Education. Must Visit in Evening for the Pooja/Aarti. 5PM in Winter and 6PM in summer.�
- Neelkanth Mahadev Mela
- Trayambakeshwar Temple,�Lakshman Jhula.�is 13 stories high, with different deities throughout.��
- Music Concert�(Veena Maharaja Music School),�20 meter left from Ram Jhula Bridge near police check post, Swargashram, Rishieksh India.,�?�9412029817,�.�In the Veena Maharaja Music school, the Music Concert is organised every Sunday of the week at 7 PM at night time. In which the professional Indian Classical musicians are invited to entertainment the audiences with the pleasant sound of their lovely and good looking instruments.�
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi’s ashram (Beatles ashram) Where the fab four practiced transendental meditation and wrote many songs from the White album. Wander around for a few hours to see amazing mediation domes and rooms, buildings and art work. Entry 600r in the Tiger reserve.
What is Trivani Ghat Rishikesh Address?
Mayakund, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249201, India